The success of an independent Montessori school depends on the involvement of parents both in supporting their children’s education experience and in fostering a fraternity that mirrors the micro communities in each class, the macro community of the whole school and envelopes both of these layers with a community mantle so to speak.
The Parent & Family have a key role in developing the community of parents, students and staff by:
- Supporting in the maintenance of a high standard of Montessori education.
- Nurturing and promoting the good, positive contribution of families and schools.
- Support and encourage families as the basic unit of our Montessori community.
- Promote positive home/school/ community relationships & partnerships.
- Enhance appropriate educational provision at all ages and stages of children’s development.
The Parent & Family is the key parent group in the school. It provides a forum for parents to:
- Work closely with the Principal and staff.
- Support the Board and its policies.
- Raise money for resources as identified in the School’s Strategic Plan and Annual Budget process.
- Recommend to the Board the amount of the P&F levy, if such a levy exists.
- Collaborate with the Principal in determining the priorities for the disbursement of funds raised by the P&F
- Provide student services, e.g. canteen.
- Provide support for school programs, e.g. Gross Motor Program, working bees.
- Provide opportunities for social interaction and for parents to form supportive networks.
The P&F through its elected committee organises various functions throughout the year. These events can include family nights, Parents at Play nights, the annual Garage sale and the weekly lunches for the children.
General P&F meetings are held on Tuesdays, in weeks 5 and 8 every school term, at the school at 8.30am
The P&F can be contacted by email on email@example.com