At Casa Mia Montessori School, we truly embrace the ‘community’ in organising the business affairs of the school, educating and supporting our children. We acknowledge and value the role that volunteers play in our community from the School Board members to the people who contribute to keeping the school environment beautiful and those who take care of our wellbeing.
Whether you have a small amount of time to give occasionally or a few hours on a regular basis, please consider the following options:
· We are dedicated to the practices of literacy in its many forms and we are always looking for volunteers to work with individuals and small groups of children across all ages on reading and writing projects.
If you enjoy reading and sharing books, then come and help with the daily reading in the classroom or chat to the class teacher to come and read a story or share your favourite picture book.
Perhaps you enjoy writing and would be able to come in and help the children with a writing activity.
The growing class libraries are also in need of parents from within the community to help with covering and shelving books and general upkeep.
Karak has a lending library trolley and needs a volunteer to oversee the lending of books once a week.
· If your passion is the outdoors or in the garden, ask the Office how you may contribute.
· From time to time the classes are on the lookout for volunteers to help them with specific class projects – a vegetable garden, cooking. The teachers will let you know through the start of term letter.
· Then there are the weekly ‘housekeeping’ jobs such as the class washing, preparing cutting cards, sewing cards
· Consider joining the Parents and Friends. You will get to know the wider community while planning and supporting the school community mantle in the many and varied social and community events on offer throughout the year. The Office will put you in contact with the P&F President.
· If you prefer more of a governance role and have experience and skills in finance, business, HR, marketing and regulatory structures, consider joining the Casa Mia Montessori Community School Board. Each year at the annual AGM towards the end Term 1, new members of the Board are sought and applications are always welcome. Ask at the Office for the application form.
Please contact the School Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. It is important that all volunteers at Casa Mia Montessori School understand and uphold to the School’s vision, mission, philosophy and values and agree to the School’s Code of Conduct.